We are currently recruiting for the following roles in Fireplace an Heating Installations
Domestic Gas Engineer with boiler and gas fire experienceFILLED SEPTEMBER Gas Safe ApprenticeFILLED JULY
Contact: Simon Harding on 01582 599200
Email CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently we have no vacancies
1. Domestic Gas Engineer with boiler and gas fire experience
A qualified gas engineer to join our team of in-house engineers to install, maintain and repair domestic central heating systems and gas fireplaces in and around Luton on a permanent PAYE contract.
After a three month trial period you will be expected to fulfill a wide range of domestic jobs from full central heating installations to single gas fires. These will require you to both work alone and as leader of a small team.
Typically installations will take anywhere between one and three days depending on the work involved and will be within a 20 miles radius of Luton, so you can expect a varied and enjoyable working week.
The job will also require related skills such as a small amount of stonework and plastering.
As well as installations you will be carrying out maintenance & remedial work to domestic plumbing and heating systems.
- Normal hours – Monday to Friday 08 – 17:00 (although you and your team will be expected to complete installations rather than leaving to return another day)
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- NEST pension scheme
- Salary £30,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience
You will require:
- NVQ in Plumbing & Heating
- ACS/Gas Safe Registered
- Core Domestic Gas Qualifications
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Repairs to domestic heating installations
- Installing and repairing gas boilers
- Installing and repairing gas fires
- Diagnosing and repairing heating, troubleshoot and problem-solving.
- Vented and unvented cylinder heads (HWSS qualified or alternative)
- Installing and repairing water mains supplies, heating system pipework and drainage stop taps
- Applicants must have experience of servicing & breakdowns.
- Carry out minor remedial works.
- Installation of new pipework (copper, speed fit, waste)
- Installation of new sundry items such as taps and ball valves
- Problem-solving skills.
2. Gas Safe Apprentice ** Filled July 2020 **
We are looking for an apprentice who is currently enrolled on an a scheme or is about to enroll and who is looking for supporting experience in installing and maintaining gas appliances in a domestic setting.
Typical length 18 months but we are open to extending and developing the position for the right applicant.
Candidates will usually have 1 of the following:
- at least 3 GCSEs at grades A to C (or equivalent), including English, maths and a science
- relevant experience – we will carry out a recognised background check.
What apprentices will learn
- theory of combustion and types of burners
- flues and ventilation principles
- safety checks following gas work on an appliance
- range and suitability of appliances and awareness of green technologies
- building regulations, water regulations and electrical regulations
- emergency procedures
- system design, location, controls and flue types for appliances and smart controls
Apprentices must apply to get on the Gas Safe Register for four appliances. Successful apprentices can apply to register as an engineering technician (Eng Tech) with the Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers (IGEM).More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.